We, partially agree on the passage above.
Stephen Hawking has been outspoken in recent years about the catastrophic dangers humanity faces in the 21st century. He said we should be cautious in attempting to contact aliens, warning that advanced extraterrestrial life may not be friendly toward us and could destroy the human race. He also stated we should be cautious in creating strong artificial intelligence.
How technologies destroy mankind?
- There were fears that the first atomic bomb tests could ignite the atmosphere, burning alive everyone man, woman and child on Earth.
- Our materialism and lack of care for the environment continue to affect the climate to the point where we cannot survive in it. Technology may be the cause of the end of the world, but it's likely to be less of a bang and more of a whimper.
Technology benefiting humanity
- More efficient way to do things, and these processes get results.
- Technology improves on existing processes and showcases new ways to accomplish tasks, machines are able to produce the same -- if not more -- output than humans in certain industries.
The greatest danger to humanity is humanity itself. We are the only creature who has the ability to destroy ourselves through our technological development, to the point that we are capable of eradicating humanity itself. So, human much keep always protect the environment.
I agree with the statement, the greatest danger to humanity is humanity itself is because Nuclear war (Sandberg, 2014). While only two nuclear weapons have been used in war so far – at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II – and nuclear stockpiles are down from their the peak they reached in the Cold War, it is a mistake to think that nuclear war is impossible. In fact, it might not be improbable. The nuclear war is very risk to human because an unimaginable disaster. Similarly the hazards of fallout are often exaggerated – potentially deadly locally, but globally a relatively limited problem. This will make the human die in the war.
Stephen Hawking has warned that humanity is in danger of destroying itself in the next 100 years as we rapidly progress in the realms of science and technology. But I disagree with this warning message.
Medical technologies save lives, improve health and contribute to sustainable healthcare. It also contributes billions of dollars to the economy. There are many benefits that innovative technology brings to the table when it comes to healthcare. So how can we say that the development of science and technology will destroy the human itself?
More patients get a life because of the development of science and technology. For example, the minimally invasive surgeries, especially within the disciplines of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery, have also become more common in recent years. The development of better instruments and more advanced technology have allowed surgeons to perform procedures in minimally invasive ways that just wasn’t possible a few years ago. (Banova, 2013).
An undeniable statement had writed by Stephen Hawking is bring out an actual warning message for the modern people, if the human does not use the technologic properly.😥😥😥 So, the whole world can not deniable technology really bring advantage to human. So, I disagree about technologies development destroying human.
-Development of the technology had help business increases their production. Before technology develops, all the production need a lot of workers to carry on the process to produce a product.
-As a result, business owner need pay a huge amount for the expenses category. Besides that, technology develops help business saving time in production.
-After using modern technology in production, only need one or two workers to operating the machine and speed of the production will be increased.
Improve the communication
-Technology develops help human improve the communication way. They create a lot of communication tools and software app to help a family communication with the easy way, although they live at different place and direction.
- Furthermore, help businessmen improve their communication way, they easy get the information from their partner, friend, and another third party person. businessmen can avoid a huge loss with using the communication technology. They can meeting discuss at any time any were if found or facing any problem.
1. Stephen (2015) Stephen Hawking Warns About The Greatest Threat to Humanity. [Online]. Available from:http://themindunleashed.com/2015/10/stephen-hawking-warns-about-the-greatest-threat-to-humanity.html [Accessed 25 February 2017].
2. Sandberg, A. (2014) The five biggest threats to human existence. [Online]. Available from: http://theconversation.com/the-five-biggest-threats-to-human-existence-27053 [Accessed 25 February 2017].
3. Banova,B. (2013) The Impact of Technology on Healthcare. [Online]. Availablie from: https://www.aimseducation.edu/blog/the-impact-of-technology-on-healthcare/ [Accessed 26 February 2017].
4. Ubiwhere suiting the future (2015) Technology advantages and disadvantages. [Online]. Available from: http://www.ubiwhere.com/en/news/2015/05/25/technology-advantages-and-disadvantages/#. WLK1HJh97IU [Accessed 26 February 2017].